Black Truffle Oil Smash Burgers
- Total: 20 min
- Active: 20 min
- Yield: 4 servings
- Set 2 burners to high and 2 burners to medium use a griddle or pan and preheat for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir the mayonnaise and Black Truffle Oil in a small bowl and set aside. Stir the garlic powder, onion powder, 2 teaspoons salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a separate small bowl. Set aside.
- Loosely form the beef into 8 balls; set aside. Working in batches, lightly brush butter onto the medium-heat side of the griddle and toast the buns cut-side down until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Flip and keep warm while you cook the burgers.
- Season the patties with half the seasoning mixture and continue cooking, undisturbed, until well browned, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Flip the patties, sprinkle with the remaining seasoning mixture and top each plain patty with 1 cheese slice. Continue cooking until the cheese is melted around the edges and the bottoms of the patties are browned, about 1 more minute.
- Spread the truffle mixture on the bun tops. Fill each bun with 1 onion patty, 1 plain patty, 1 tomato slice, 1 lettuce leaf and some of the onions, if any, that were left on the griddle.
Giorgio Truffle Shop 2022